Complete Scoring Features, Auto Part Extraction, MIDI and VSTi Playback Keep You in Control
Whether you play directly into Encore or transcribe your MIDI files, you get accurate notation and beautiful printouts every time. You can extract parts, transpose for different instruments, and play your music as you originally conceived it. Encore graphically displays and plays back dynamic marks, repeats, multiple endings, pedal marks, or any MIDI controller.
Flexible Page Layout and Guitar Tablature Expand Your Options
Encore scores can be fine-tuned with a simple move of the mouse. On-screen palettes let you enter dozens of marks and symbols. Lyrics and text are easily added. Powerful features such as page layout control, TrueType® and PostScript® support, polyphonic part voicing, and editable expressions palettes provide an inexhaustible set of capabilities for presenting your music on paper. Instantly transcribe your music into guitar tablature with correct fingering and guitar fret diagrams.
Computer Speed, Professional Results
When you put aside your pencil and staff paper and compose and arrange your music with Encore, you achieve a new level of professionalism and productivity. Encore has become the musician's choice in notation software because it allows you to create and publish everything from simple lead sheets to symphonies in less time and with more control.
- Passport VSTi Host
- Toolbar now displays all tools
- Preroll click option
- New Score Wizard
- Over 30 Templates and unlimited user created template
- Transposed or "C" score option.
- Beginning measure number offset
- Preset Tab tunings option
- Added menu items
- Auto Spacing when dragging notes, barlines and systems
- Enhanced MIDI playback
- Garritan Personal Studio ready
- Simplified Accidentals option
- More shortcuts
- Music XML import and export
- Full DLS and Soundfont support
- Handwritten Music Style option
- Bonus - Hundreds of works by J.S. Bach formatted in Encore, ready to use
- Insert MIDI data for dynamics, controller data, and tempos.
- Customizable Toolbar for quick access to frequently used commands.
- Zoom in and out for precise control.
- Expressions palette allows you to save your own expressions in any font, size, or style.
- Guitar tablature symbols palette contains all the markings and symbols needed for notating tab.
- Slur a group of notes automatically or draw slurs with the pencil tool.
- Place objects anywhere on the page by clicking the mouse.
- Select regions, pages, staves, systems, or the entire score for editing.
- Transposition automatically affects chord symbols and fret diagrams.
- Key commands to change note durations, sharps, flats, naturals, enharmonics, and MIDI velocity.
- Transpose, change key signatures, meters, and clefs at any time.
- Display and play back nested repeat structures, including variable bar lines and multiple endings.
- Easily cut, copy, paste, clear, insert, delete, or undo notes or sections of music.
- Symbols include: notes, rests, accidentals, slurs, ties, grace notes, cue notes, tuplets, accents, marks, ornaments, ottava, and dynamics marks.
- Adjust the height and angle of beams and create Beam Groups.
- Justify spacing for both accidental collisions and proper timing alignment.
- Split notes from one staff onto two staves, either by pitch or voice.
- Select from eight note-head types, including Gregorian and percussion.
- Automatically extract parts with control over lyrics and markings.
- Enter text or lyrics anywhere on the page in any font, size, or style, including dashes and melisma.
Composition and Transcription Features
- Notate scores as large as 64 staves per system with up to eight voices per staff.
- Cross-staff beaming extends beams across staves for multi-staff instruments.
- Guitar tablature automatically notates tablature for up to 8 strings in any tuning with definable fret position.
- Percussion staff notates rhythms with multiple note heads and assignable staff position.
- Note duration and multiple voices are automatically "guessed" and then beamed appropriately.
- Auto spacing automatically spaces notes for easy reading.
- Additional symbols for rhythm-part chord slashes, arpeggio sign and fingering numbers.
- Insert or delete measures, pages, systems or staves anytime, anywhere in the composition.
- Transcribes Master Tracks Pro, Standard MIDI and Music XML.
- Directly transcribes live input from MIDI instruments and MIDI sofware in real time.
- Linear view allows an entire score to be viewed as one system.
- Add guitar chord fret diagrams and chord names to your scores and lead sheets.
- Easily add a pickup measure to your score.
MIDI Performance Features
- Plays back MIDI interpretations of dynamics, hairpins, repeats, endings, and articulations.
- Sustain pedal markings affect MIDI.
- Swing quantization gives music a swing feel.
- Tempo indications can affect playback.
- Assign up to 8 separate voices on each staff for playback over different MIDI channels.
- Align the playback to match the current graphic appearance of your music.
- Encore recognizes and generates MIDI Song Position Pointer and MIDI Clocks for syncing.
- Select any number of MIDI devices
- Hear notes play over MIDI as you enter them with the mouse.
- MIDI Panic Button sends an "all notes off" message at any time.
- Mac and Windows version share same format, files are transfer-able between platforms.
- Windows Soundcard compatible
- Supports Industry Standard MIDI and Music XML Files.
Page Layout and Printing Features
- Choose between engraver's spacing and mathematically perfect alignment of notes.
- Measures of rest can be compressed into one measure.
- User can define global spacing defaults of staves, clefs, lyrics, chords, key, and meter.
- Reminder time signatures can be displayed or hidden.
- Use any font in your system for text, lyrics, chords, staff names, and measure numbers.
- Place headers and footers on each page.
- Print an entire score, individual pages, or extracted parts.