The Multiface II is not only multi because of the many different interface formats supported, but also multi-channel! The small box using half the space of a 19" rack includes outstanding power and extensive features. Based on RME's award-winning Hammerfall technology and equipped with the latest circuit designs of the Fireface 800, the Multiface II offers ADAT optical I/O, SPDIF I/O, MIDI I/O, word clock I/O and a separate hi-power monitor output. On top we provide 8 analog inputs and outputs, balanced and 96 kHz/24 bit, of course. All this can be used on laptops as well as on desktop computers with 'zero cpu load' and low latency!
- 8 x analog line I/O, 96 kHz/24 bit, SNR 111 dBA, 1/4" TRS jacks
- 1 x ADAT digital I/O
- 1 x SPDIF digital I/O
- 1 x Word clock I/O (BNC)
- 1 x hi-power analog line/headphone output, separate output for independent submix
- 1 x MIDI I/O, 16 channels high-speed MIDI
- Hardware level calculation: freely scalable level meters, peak and RMS calculation without CPU load
- TotalMix: 720 channel mixer with 40 bit internal resolution. MIDI remote controllable.
- S/MUX poured in hardware: 4 channels 96 kHz/24 bit for record and playback via ADAT optical
...and numerous other features found already in the Hammerfall series. And all this for an unbeatable price!
The Hammerfall® DSP System comes with drivers for Windows 98/ME (MME with multi-client operation, ASIO 2.0, GSIF), Windows 2000/XP (fully multi-client operation of MME, GSIF and ASIO 2.0 plus ASIO multi-client), Mac OS 9.x (ASIO 2.0, OMS MIDI) and Mac OS X (Core Audio, Core MIDI).
The front panel hosts some useful status LEDs, like MIDI state, lock state of the digital inputs and error state of the host-bus. Additionally there's a high-quality 24 bit/96 kHz analog line output, also usable with headphones, and one MIDI I/O.
The rear of the Multiface II shows unrivalled connectivity: 8 analog line I/Os on 1/4" TRS jacks (balanced, 24 bit/96 kHz), ADAT optical I/O (switchable to SPDIF optical), SPDIF I/O coaxial, word clock I/O and MIDI I/O. Don't settle for less!
Just click on the hammer symbol in the systray of the taskbar and the settings dialog of the Multiface comes up. The clear structured, easy to understand window plus the unique informative status windows for input signal, clock mode, sample rate and time code make your work with Hammerfall DSP System to a real pleasure. With a simple mouse click you gain access to the full power of your system.
When working with several digital sources it is not only necessary to know if these are properly locked, but also if they are totally synchronized. RME's exclusive SyncCheck checks all input signals and displays their actual state, and thanks to our new Intelligent Clock Control concept you have all clocks and states under control - with ease.
Regular firmware and driver updates ensure the Multiface II to stay at the top of today's audio interfaces. The latest addition, Disconnect mode, lets you use the unit as stand-alone AD/DA-converter, digital format converter, analog/digital mixer or submixer, and much more.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES
- Supported sample rates: 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 64 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, variable
- 8 buffer sizes/latencies available: 1.5 ms, 3 ms, 6 ms, 12 ms, 23 ms, 46 ms, 93 ms, 186 ms
- ASIO zero CPU load technology: 0 (zero!)% CPU load when using ALL 36 channels!
- All settings changeable in realtime
- Clock modes slave and master
- Automatic, intelligent master/slave clock control
- Enhanced Mixed mode: All inputs and outputs simultaneously operational
- Unsurpassed Bitclock PLL (audio synchronization) in ADAT mode
- Enhanced Zero Latency Monitoring for latency-free submixes and perfect ASIO Direct Monitoring
- Comes with DIGICheck: the ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool
- Dynamic ratio analog AD: 111.5 dBA, DA: 112 dBA
- THD+N AD: -98 dB (0.0012%), DA: -97 dB (0.0014%)
- Analog level @ 0 dBFS (set by front panel switch): +2 dBV, +13 dBu, +19 dBu
- Dynamic ratio stereo monitor output: 119 dBA, output impedance 30 Ohm
- Input 8 x line (1/4" TRS jacks), 1 x optical (TOSLINK), 1 x coaxial (Cinch), 1 x MIDI, word clock (BNC)
- Input format SPDIF, AES/EBU (Consumer, Professional), ADAT optical
- 8 x line (1/4" TRS jacks), 1 x optical (TOSLINK), stereo analog line (TRS), 1 x coaxial (phono), 1 x MIDI, word clock (BNC)
- Format output SPDIF, AES/EBU (Consumer/Professional), ADAT optical
UNIQUE TECHNOLOGIES IN HAMMERFALL DSP
Intelligent clock control according to operational mode and present/desired sample rate.
The most reliable receiver circuit for ADAT optical signal.
Dynamic Bus Utilization
Scalable computer load according to the current usage.
Monitoring of the input signal, independent from clock mode and sample rate.
Professional status and level display at lowest CPU load.
Intelligent Clock Control
Measurement and display of all incoming and used clocks.
Latency Fast Change
Change latency on-the-fly under ASIO, without manual reset or re-boot.
Surveillance and sample accurate synchronization of all channels.
Comparison and display of all input clock status.
Zero Latency Monitoring (ZLM®)
Automatic monitoring of the input signal with zero latency